Sometimes called a sling bag, belt bag, waist bag or a fanny pack, a bum bag is a hands-free pouch to store your money, phone, keys, or other small items. Traditionally, in the 90s, it was worn around the waist, but today’s influencers are styling them in plenty of unique and varied ways.
From Slough, to London, to East Sussex, everyone is embracing this street style trend in the UK; and with major designers like Gucci taking it to the fashion week run-way, we don’t see these statement bags leaving our closets anytime soon. Furthermore, just because this 90s trend is back in fashion doesn’t mean you can’t throw it on with any outfit in your wardrobe and we have the very best advice on how to style this piece while keeping your look fresh!
- For a street style look, wear it crossbody style over an oversized sweatshirt with boots, or mix classic pieces with athleisure such as a classic white shirt with your favourite cycling shorts.
- Try pairing the bum bag with a tailored suit. Women can wear it at the waist while for men, it would look super hip to wear it in place of the belt.
- Go for tone-on-tone and wear a belt bag that matches the colours of your outfit, or on the opposite, break up your monochromatic look with one of our colourful bum bags.
- These waist bags can be super handy when you want to double up your storage space while travelling. Try wearing yours in crossbody style and carry a tote bag as well, so you can keep your travel essentials safe, in one place.
- For women, you can try to give an edgier feel to your feminine pieces. Wear a black bum bag crossbody style with a girly, floral dress or wear it as a belt on your autumnal trench coat.
A bum bag is a casual, trendy, and inexpensive-chic accessory. Our printed bags definitely fall into this category and are a street-style staple for all of your outfits. We call it one of our leather essentials. It features one zip pocket and an adjustable waist strap. The belt bag keeps daily necessities close and secure. Our bag also does double duty: it can be worn both cross-body or on the shoulder, as well as being a truly gender-neutral piece however you identify. They’re perfect for summer holidays, concerts, festivals, hiking, shopping and travelling.
Our Cherchez La Femme bum bags are made out of 100% real nappa leather, have an adjustable strap and are printed with eco-friendly inks that produce a vibrant yet sustainable product. Inside, the lining provides softness to your belongings and the dimensions mean that this cosy bag gives enough space for all of your essentials. And ALWAYS only produced on demand.
We can’t wait to see how you style our printed bum bags! Tag us on Instagram
Lots of love,
Cherchez La Femme team
Info sourced on whowhatwear.com and youdontwantthislife.com
Photo 1 by Vitor Aranda on Pexels.com